Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Doubt

"The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they all saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted. " - Matthew 28:16-17

When I read this passage to my little girl (who is starting to become a theme on this blog...), the first thing she asked me was "what's 'doubted' mean?". And I told her that the disciples weren't sure.

But what did they doubt? Matthew is noting that they doubted - not in the traditional sense that I explained to my daughter, but simply noting that they didn't quite have the amount of faith that they should have. That they were still unsure about the whole situation. After all, their leader was murdered for what he was preaching. And now, he's asking them to do the same? What assurances do they have that they too wont suffer the same fate?

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment